The host of the Caribbean Hotel & Resort Investment Summit (CHRIS) will present the prestigious Development of the Year and Single Asset Transaction of the Year Awards at the conference, to be held April 27-28, 2015, at the JW Marriott Marquis Hotel Miami in Miami, Florida, USA.
Finalists for the CHRIS Development of the Year Award include:
- Hyatt Ziva Rose Hall & Hyatt Zilara Rose Hall, Montego Bay, Jamaica – with 621 keys, the redevelopment and expansion of the former Ritz Carlton Golf & Spa Resort, Rose Hall, Jamaica came at a cost of roughly $90 million. The property is owned and operated by Playa Hotels & Resorts.
- JW Marriott Santo Domingo, Dominican Republic – with 150 keys, it was developed at a cost of US$58 million. The property is owned by Grupo Velutini and operated by Marriott International, Inc.
- The Residences by Grace Bay Resorts, Providenciales, Turks & Caicos – with three, 5-bedroom villas, it was developed at a cost of US$12 million. The property is owned and operated by Grace Bay Resorts.
Finalists for the CHRIS Single Asset Transaction of the Year Award include:
- British Colonial Properties (British Colonial Hilton), New Providence Island, The Bahamas – with 288 keys, the property was sold to China Construction America by British Colonial Development Company for an undisclosed amount. The transaction was brokered by Colliers International Hotels.
- Hilton Rose Hall Hotel & Spa, Montego Bay, Jamaica – with 498 keys, the property was sold to Sagicor X Real Estate Fund by an affiliate of the Blackstone Group for US$85.5 million ($175,000 per key). The transaction was brokered by CBRE Hotels – Miami.
- One&Only Ocean Club, Paradise Island, The Bahamas – with 105 keys, the property was sold to Access Industries by Brookfield Asset Management for US$137 million ($1.3 million per key). The transaction was brokered by Solid Rock Advisors.
Liam J. Day chaired the Development of the Year Award committee and Kent Schwarz chaired the Single Asset Transaction of the Year Award committee. The two committees were comprised of hotel industry leaders who selected, reviewed, and nominated deals. The finalist information was then sent to the CHRIS delegates for voting.
CHRIS is the Caribbean’s most important hotel and tourism investment conference. The Caribbean region is showing signs of recovery, and there may be no better time to focus on the investment opportunities. CHRIS immediately precedes a second important event, the Hotel Opportunities Latin America (HOLA) conference. The back-to-back nature of the two events is an efficient way for the hotel investment community that is interested not only in the Caribbean, but also in Latin America, to conduct their business while in Miami. CHRIS is hosted by Burba Hotel Network (BHN).
For additional information on the CHRIS conference visit the website.
About the Host
BHN is the worldwide leader in developing and organizing conferences for the hotel and tourism investment community. With almost three decades of experience, over 120 events completed to-date, and more than 85,000 international delegates, BHN conferences have become “must attend” events for industry leaders who come together to network, conduct business and to learn about the latest trends.
BHN events include: the Americas Lodging Investment Summit (ALIS) in Los Angeles; ALIS Law in Los Angeles; ALIS Summer Update; Alternative Ownership Conference Asia Pacific (AOCAP) in Singapore; Caribbean Hotel & Resort Investment Summit (CHRIS) in Miami; Hotel Investment Conference Asia Pacific (HICAP) in Hong Kong; HICAP UPDATE in Singapore; Hotel Investment Forum India (HIFI) in Gurgaon Delhi N.C.R.; Hotel Opportunities Latin America (HOLA) conference in Miami; and Hotel Investment Conference Europe (Hot.E) in London.
The BHN website is the gateway for information about the conferences BHN produces, as well as a direct link to important players in the hospitality investment world.
“The top industry developers, operators, lenders and investors attend CHRIS and HOLA each year, making it a great place to network and to do business.”
“The CHRIS and HOLA organizers are careful to include relevant, timely, and important topics in the programs. These events are a great place to hear the latest updates, trends, and predictions – directly from leaders in the industry.”
“Attending CHRIS and HOLA is a cost-effective way to do business in both the Caribbean and Latin America. The back-to-back nature allows twice the networking, while only traveling to one place. The location of the events, in Florida – only adds to the value.”
“Hosting CHRIS and HOLA back-to-back in the highly accessible Miami market, makes it very easy for those of us with deals and interests in both the Caribbean and Latin America to conduct business and have key clients & targets be able to get in and out efficiently. It’s a great idea, and the well-organized nature of the event and venue has made networking and knowledge-sharing highly effective relative to these challenging regions… which is why we sponsor and attend every year!”
“CHRIS & HOLA are extremely well-executed hotel investment conferences. We particularly like the back-to-back nature of the two events, as it gives us the opportunity to efficiently market to new and existing clients in two regions through one medium in one convenient location.”